Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Where's Molly? ...

Minx is still very confused, and we believe sad, about the sudden and continued absence of his very good friend Molly.

Since there would be no one at home for a long time on the day of Chandler's surgery (2 weeks ago today), I asked my friend Patty to stop by and give the dogs a rawhide bone around lunch time, which would keep them busy and happy until someone was back home around dark. Shadow does what she does and took hers immediately down to the bottom of the yard and passed through the fence to Pumpkin - her puppy that Lala has. Minx was very excited and took his right from Patty. He chews on his bone, buries it, digs it up, chews on it some more and repeats that process for an entire day (or less) until the bone is no more. Molly, on the other hand, needed a little coaxing that day and Patty put it right at her paws for her to have close by, but she showed no real interest in the bone.

Minx has been carrying around what we believe to be the bone Molly had that day, since Molly left him. He brings it into his crate and sleeps with it at night, he carries it into the back yard with him each day. He'll bury it and dig it up, but has yet to gnaw even a little tiny piece off of it. This is just not what he does with his bones. He loves to chew up a good bone and has never "saved" one. We've hosed it down once or twice because it got sort of muddy and he still will not chew it up. He runs out of his crate in the morning with it hanging out of his mouth, ears perked up, looking like he's asking "Is she back? I've saved her bone for her. Where's Molly?" I think it's breaking all of our hearts to see him missing her so. He's gotten so much love and affection from each of us during the last week and a half. He's going to be even more spoiled than he already is!

Not sure, but I think I see a new 4 legged friend in Minxy-boy's near future. Stay posted for that. :-)

P.S. In case you haven't noticed, I enjoy changing the background on my blog. I sometimes like to express how I feel about what I wrote with a sort of matching background. Anyway, I looked for one that had pets or animals and came across this one that was named "Molly". I thought it was fitting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love reading your blogs. Your posts about Molly break my heart. Especially since our dog is showing signs of him getting old.
What a blessing Chandler is doing so well. You have such amazing children.
Denise P

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just got caught up. I love this blog, what a great way to let everybody that loves you know what's going on. Kim