Thursday, July 8, 2010

12:15pm 7/8/2010 Update ...

Last night lasted a long time. Chandler started waking up around 11:15pm about the time I was settling in to go to sleep. A quick reminder that I need to shift into the mode of "when she sleeps I sleep". I won't need a reminder on that one. Last night consisted of lots of sips of water, scrating itches, shifting in the bed every two hours - from one side (propped on pillows) to the other and also laying flat, beeps which resulted in calls to the nurse to make the beeps go away, and her asking "where's my button" (pain pump). She did well and her pain has been very manageable.

The physical therapist came to visit around 10:00am this morning. We talked about how Chandler would accomplish the big move from bed to chair, then we did it. I'm amazed. She is doing so well. With our help, she sat up in the bed, sat on the edge of the bed, stood up, walked a few steps and sat down in the chair. She stayed in the chair for about 1.5 hours. She is holding her own cup for drinking, pulling herself to the side a little bit here and there while in the bed, moving her legs and feet, now we can add sitting up in the chair. All the while, I'm trying to hold it together because it had sort of made me sick to my stomach to see her this way.

The next big feat will be a lap around the nurses desk later this afternoon. I certainly will report back later to let you know how that goes. THANK YOU for keeping Chandler in your thoughts and prayers.

6 comments:

Mindy Surls said...

WOW! I'm amazed she is mobile so soon and very thankful the pain is manageable. I'm praying for you all right now! Love, Mindy

spphhw said...

Wow! Go Chandler! We are so happy to hear the progress you've made this morning. Can't wait to see how your "walk" goes this afternoon. Love, The Watson's

Unknown said...

Dr Oswald is an excellent doctor and even finer caring person. He really took care of our son, Tucker. Chandler is in good hands!
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Unknown said...

That's awesome. So glad to hear how well she's doing. We find ourselves stopping by the computer to see her continued progress. Can't imagine living it. We'll pray that the walk is a success.
The Yates

Stender Family Blog said...

Wonderful news! She is such a tough young lady and you too!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! What an amazing young lady. If she keeps this up she will be able to participate in all the sports she loves. Gina I will keep all of you in my prayers. Praying morning and night.
If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.
Luv ya.
Denise Powell