Friday, July 9, 2010

9:05am 7/9/2010 Update ...

Good morning! Chandler slept pretty well last night. She wasn't too restless. She is able to turn from side to side completely on her own and did lots of that last night. We got up a couple of times for a restroom break. At about 5:00am she was awake and restless and wanted to sit in the chair, so we moved there and I think she may have dozed off a couple of times sitting there. The dr came by around 6:15am and said it was time to remove the drain. We moved back to sitting on the side of the bed for this. I think the most uncomfortable part was the removal of the tape holding the drain tube. Drain is gone, that's good. Then the nurse came back in around 7:00am and said the dr had ordered that her best friend ... the morphine pump be removed. I told Chandler, quick, hit the button one more time. Morphine pump - gone. We are now moving to oral pain medication. She will be taking Loritab. Yum. Physical therapy will be here around 10:00am for a walk around the hall and I hear we're gonna do a few stairs as well. Chandler does still have an IV, so I don't think we'll be going too far down the stairs before we come back up again. I think she will do well. Have a great morning and I'll post again soon.

No comments: