Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Surgery is OVER ...

She came through it very well. The dr was very excited about being able to preserve L4 for more lower back mobility / flexibility. The rods stop at L3. Her top curve will be less than 10 degrees, bottom curve mostly gone. Her rotation presented a bit of an issue. She was very tight. He was able to de-rotate about 75%. She will still have a little bit of a rib hump on the right back side, but it will be much less noticeable. We should get to see her in about 1 to 1.5 hours. I'll post again after we see her. We are thankful and we are blessed.

6 comments:

Mindy Surls said...

So happy to hear the good news and glad surgery is over. Rest well in la la land sweet Chandler. Breathe a little easier Mom and Dad.

Rita Arnold said...

You all have been in our thoughts and prayers. It is go good to hear the surgery went well. Please give Chanlder a hug for us.
Love to all! Rita and Lynn

Susie Roberts said...

I am so glad to hear that the surgery is over and that Chandler came through well....but I never had any doubt!! Chandler is definitely a trooper!! Thanks so much for keeping us all updated this way...I found myself looking at the time and wondering...
Please continue to keep us posted or if there is anything I can do, just holler!
Give her a hug for me and there is a hug for you two as well...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wonderful news ! Thanks for keeping us up to date. I know you can't wait to see her. Tell her we love her and are so happy for her. Grandpa and Grandmudder

Unknown said...

I just got home and was anxious to get on and see how it went. We are so happy for Chandler and you too. Thanking God for answered prayers. Keep us updated.