Tuesday, July 13, 2010

More Progress.....

Here we are less than 1 week post-surgery and Chandler is able to do everything without assistance! I'm still there hovering around with her every move and I'm certain I'm getting on her nerves, but she is able to do it all by herself. If we are close to time to get pain meds and she is hurting or sore, she may need to lean on me to stand up or sit down, but for the most part, she is doing it all on her own!! She is so strong - physically and mentally - and is doing really well.

Chandler asked point blank on Sunday night about Molly. We were all in the kitchen, Chandler was at the dinner table and she asked "did Molly die?" My eyes immediately welled up with tears, I could hardly see and I tried to keep busy and not look suspicious, but if she started crying, I was gonna lose it. Andy stepped in and told her the story about Molly. I left the room for a sec to pull it together and came back in to look busy again. Chandler said, "mom, are you crying?" Who me? Chandler didn't cry at all about Molly. I don't think it's because she didn't care about it, I think it's the pain meds she's on. I stared at the pill bottle for a moment. I was tempted to pop a couple of those little speckled pills and call it a day. Seriously, I'm happy that I can move on past that situation for now.

One more very important thing to report .... Chandler is 2" taller than she was before surgery!! We haven't done the official stand-against-the-wall-and-measure bit, but Andy measured her pre-op mark on the wall in the garage and then measured her against a wall inside. Amazing!!

No comments: