Monday, March 16, 2009

Where it begins ...

I've owned lots of journals over the years. I've written down random occurrences and memories here and there and even looked back at them from time to time. I also keep a small notepad handy in my purse so I can jot down a fleeting thought or something great I hear or read while I'm on the road. I recently applied to become a substitute teacher (I think this might net me a good story or two) and in telling this via email to my BFFs Dana & Kim, I may have made them laugh a little. At dinner a few nights later, Dana suggested that one day I write a book. I believe the suggestion was based on the emails I've sent to them over time describing different events that have taken place in my life. I do like writing for the enjoyment of others. I find that my stories sound better on paper because my introvert self can be a little more extravert, more creative in word choices and presentation in order to capture my audience's attention.

So, Dana ... I don't know that my stuff is book worthy, but blog worthy? I think maybe. I might pull out an old family, friend, kid or animal story that is too good not to share. I LOVE researching and looking for stuff on the internet. There are LOTS of people out there that are smarter than me and I have bookmarked some of their really cool sites over time; bought their books; and watched their shows on TV. I might even share that kind of stuff. I have friends with cool jobs and hobbies and would love to give them a shout out. Ask anyone who knows me, I don't cook anything well that doesn't come in a box with specific instructions; I can sew on a button, but that's about it; and any place in my house that looks fitting for a live plant is referred to as "the death ledge". Even though I'm not good at those things, there are lots of people I know who are and I'd love to share their ideas and know-how with you. I also have family and friends that I don't get to see often enough and although I keep up with some of them on FaceBook, this too will be a good tool for keeping in touch.

Who knows how often I will post and Lord only knows who will read this thing. I'll make my husband, kids and mom faithful followers of my blog, everyone else ... you're free to choose. :-) And I'm off!!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Gina entertaining as always! I know you will do us proud as a sub:) I can't wait to read more. Your BFF :))